06 March 2011

MD, ME, NH, PA, MA Green Meteor Fireball 5MAR2011

Two events??? 
Reports from the Readers of Meteor/Meteorite News:


Pownal, ME, blue/green fireball between 8:30 and 9:30pm EST on Saturday, March 5
In Pownal, ME, between 8:30 and 9:30pm on Saturday, March 5, I observed a blue/green fireball, shaped somewhat like a little glass fuse, traveling (I think) from east to west for 3 to 4 seconds, just a bit above tree level. -Louise Poppema



Gray, Maine white-Orange-Green meteor 8:30 pm EST 5MAR2011
My son and I saw it perfectly in Gray, Maine. It was white then orange then finally green and went right over the trees east to west around 8:30 pm EST. Slow moving...someone should have video??? - ANON.

Spring City, PA. bright flourescent green ball ~ 8p.m 5MAR2011
On March 5th about 8p.m. in Spring City, PA. my son, Shane and I watched this bright flourescent green ball with a long tail travel across the sky kind of east to west approx. 15 degrees up. It lasted 3-4 seconds. He looked at me and said I believe in aliens. I never saw a comet like that it was very bright. I was waiting to hear a bang thinking it was fireworks, but couldn't have been by the distance and direction it traveled. Truly was amazing! - Mike

Buxton/Hollis Maine blue light streak across the sky 7:30 PM EST 5MAR2011
I live in Buxton/Hollis Maine. I was driving to drop off my friend at about 7:30 PM when I saw a bright blue light streak across the sky. I only saw it for about 2 seconds because it was moving so fast. I couldn't tell how high up it was but it wasn't a 'shooting star' because it was under the clouds and it lit up the clouds above it. Either a meteorite or a UFO. Hoping more people report it so my friends believe me. :)  -Detective Jankins

southern NH (Windham near I-93 exit 3)  bright green fireball 7:20pm EST 5MAR2011
March 5, 2011 approx 7:20pm (last night) in southern NH (Windham near I-93 exit 3) - saw bright green fireball in the northern ski just at then below cloud ceiling traveling west, possibly northwest (descent 15-degrees). It was so bright it lit up the night sky, but I lost visual in the woods after few seconds - possibly landed? - Anon.


bright ball of light in sky
So happy to find others who saw the bright light in the sky last night. I live in Fremont, NH and about 7:20 saw out the living room window a bright ball streaking across the sky in a northwest direction. It was much too large to be a star. I lost it behind the trees. I watched the news last night and this morning thinking someone else must have seen it.
Linda


Londonderry, NH green glowing ball 7:20PM
Guest397 (guest): On Sat Mar 5th around 7:20PM, coming out of Home Depot, exit 4 of Rte 93 in Londonderry, NH my daughter and I saw a green glowing ball with a tail go slowly across the sky. First time that I have ever seen one so close or so large in the sky! -Rob


Portland, Maine slow green meteor 7:15 EST on March 5th, 2011.
I witnessed a large and slow green meteor with a somewhat orange center streak across the sky in Portland, Maine USA today at around 7:15 EST on March 5th, 2011. -Anon.

Guest660 (guest):
Live in Shapleigh, Maine and just saw a green/blue ball of flame come down from the sky (tree level) ...has anyone seen this?


Massachusetts Green firebal 7pm 5MARCH2011
captain831 wrote: Green fireball or comet seen March 5 in Massachusetts around 7pm


Mark Hodgetts wrote:
Approx 8.30 pm EST I was Looking South from Elkton Maryland..white streak across the sky from east heading west which Fireball turned bright green then disappeared.

Barnstable, MA. meteor 7:15 pm 5MAR2011
AwesomeCloud and family wrote:
I must have seen the same meteor as the commenter above: 7:15 PM on March 5 from Barnstable, MA.

See this meteor?  Email your details lunarmeteoritehunter.blogspot.com
Thank you! -Tokyo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On March 5th about 8p.m. in Spring City, PA. my son, Shane and I watched this bright flourescent green ball with a long tail travel across the sky kind of east to west approx. 15 degrees up. It lasted 3-4 seconds. He looked at me and said I believe in aliens. I never saw a comet like that it was very bright. I was waiting to hear a bang thinking it was fireworks, but couldn't have been by the distance and direction it traveled. Truly was amazing! Mike

Anonymous said...

My wife and I saw the fireball descend in the night sky in Portland, Maine, travelling north on Route 302 on March 5th, 2011 sometime after 7pm. We saw the glow as it fell for several seconds straight ahead of us out the car window - again looking north. It seemed to fall at an angle and it finally faded out before it reached the line of sight blocked by trees. I have seen meteors before at a distance and meteor showers (many), but this was definitely the brightest I've ever seen. It was definitely an awesome sight. My wife said she thought it was green, but I did not notice the color.