19 August 2011

Toronto, Canada Meteor Fireball 10:50 pm 18AUG2011


Toronto, Canada Meteor Fireball 10:50 pm 18AUG2011


Hey was sitting outside Toronto downtown with friends Tonite and suddenly saw in the south sky and rather low a comet streak from east to west. Lasted a total of 4 seconds max No tail evident but a good size for certain Was spectacular to see! Any idea what I saw? Signed Jane Sleeth Skywatcher- Jane S.
Thank you Jane for your kind report!


Toronto, Canada Meteor Fireball 10:50 pm 18AUG2011

Hi there, I saw the same thing! thought I was going crazy
August 18th at approx 10:50pm
I live in North York(toronto). I was sitting outside on my front porch and saw a meteor, comet or fireball! It was a bright bluish colour and lasted about 4-5 seconds. I would discribe it as the size of a baseball. It went quickly across the sky from east to west as I was facing southward. So beautiful and amazing and feel so blessed to have witnessed it. Any thoughts on what this might have been? did anyone else notice it?
-Amy Kaneez  Thank you Amy!


If anyone else saw this or another meteor we need your reports; Thank you.
Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email 
LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you!

2011 The Year of Meteors!